A few Examples of what Kenesto can do for you
Kenesto can help you collaborate and automate interaction with suppliers and partners across your entire value-chain through improved processes such as Requests for Quotation, Collaborative Decision Support, Review Processes, Submitting Bid Packages and much more!
Review Processes, File Sharing and Communication
People are every company’s most important “asset”. Communication and Collaboration among them, often using many ad-hoc mechanisms, forms the basis for every task or process. Speed, quality and accuracy of information are critical for a product or project’s success or continued success in the marketplace.
Kenesto addresses the crucial needs of those who need to commicate or collaborate on an ad-hoc or fixed process basis.
- Involve everyone in the company. With Kenesto, your Review, Sharing and Collaboration processes can be as flexible as you want them to be. Anyone — inside or outside your organization, both inside and outside the company — can participate in your information sharing processes. There is no need to expose users to complex, on-premise collaboration and workflow systems. This becomes especially true when you need to include people outside your organization. Kenesto’s ad-hoc and fixed collaborative business processes run in any HTML5-compatible browser. Participants can be invited to participate via email, and can participate regarless of whether they have a Kenesto log-in or not.
- Kenesto allows you to share project information easily, securely and accurately. Kenesto’s fully-cloud-based document viewing capabilities make it easy to share information securely with other users, partners, suppliers or anyone who has a legitimate need for review, mark-up, edit or other collaborative processes. Rather than requing you to provide full access to those with whom you share information – which typically requires that you lose control of that information once it’s shared – Kensto provides you with complete control of your intellectual property. With Kenesto, internal users and external partners can confidently share and view over 250 files types using nothing more than their web browser, including common office documents, 2D and 3D CAD models, videos and more.
- A complete, accurate record – creating a historical Knowledge Base. Everything that happens during your ad-hoc or pre-defined review process and document sharing workflows can be captured automatically while you work, so you always know where things are and who did what. Kenesto eliminates the need for hunting around in email folders for documents and the need to manually determine which version of a document was sent to whom. With Kenesto, you can draw out your intended collaboration steps graphically in advance – with no need for programming or scripting – to ensure that everyone follows your process. Alternatively, users can collaborate on an ad-hoc basis, a record of which is automatically captured for the historical record, review, re-use or improvement. When the objectives for a project change, your Kenesto workflows can be easily adapted with more pre-defined or ad-hoc collaboration steps to accommodate that change.
- Ensure accuracy and information capture. Kenesto forms make it possible to document precisely what needs to be accomplished, who needs to do what, and to capture relevant information. Too often, companies rely on spreadsheets for capturing information to support any given process. With Kenesto’s simple-to-use forms, you can accurately capture and collaborate around the structured information that’s often a critical part of your process.
Kenesto makes it possible for your to involve the entire team or company — purchasing, marketing, sales, executive management, partners and suppliers — in the decisions that are made to support your projects. This translates into faster project times, higher quality, lower costs and a significantly ehnanced ability to constantly improve your operation.
Return to top
Managing Requests for Quotation…
Purchasing managers today need the ability to easily collaborate and securely interact with their suppliers and partners, and to also have continuous visibility into the status of that interaction – whether through RFQs, and other forms of communication. Balancing costs, timing and quality in purchasing decisions is critical. Knowing what happened, when, and by whom is equally important. Yet, some of the most valuable interaction today is done using ad-hoc methods and tools. With Kenesto, we support the most popular ad-hoc collaboration , interaction and workflow management methods, all while providing a complete history of what happened, where things are, where they’ve been and the socially-oriented business conversations that happened along the way.
Kenesto’s unique approach and combination of capabilities help improve some of your most challenging Partner collaboration issues:
- Communicate with all your external vendors. Kenesto seamlessly – and securely – involves everyone inside and outside your company who needs to be involved in managing RFQs and other procurement and supplier interaction processes. This is true whether or not process participants have existing Kenesto accounts.
- Real-time knowledge and analysis of the progress of your processes. No matter how many RFQs, Bid Packages, files requiring Review, or other collaboration processes you have out for response at one time, with Kenesto you’ll always be able to know the status of each, as well as who has done what and when, in a simple, graphical view.
- Manage all the right documents and attachments for your processes in one place – securely – in the cloud. Kenesto allows you to store all the necessary information your partners need, together with pre-defined or ad-hoc workflow processes, in a cloud environment offering true multi-tenant security. You can easily make selected documents available to some individuals while not others. You control whether users can either view or download information. Approved users both inside and outside your company need nothing more than a browser to access documents. When users have completed their pre-defined or ad-hoc tasks, it all becomes a permanent record of what was done.
Kenesto helps purchasing professionals resolve competing objectives more effectively. With Kenesto, your partner communications are not only processed faster and more transparently, they are also more flexible. This enables purchasing managers to manage costs while enhancing service.
Preparation of bid packages
Winning business is the ultimate measure of a company’s success. Today, you must be able to meet a customer’s information requirements faster and more accurately than ever before.
Kenesto makes it possible to apply your company and partner’s people and resources most effectively for responding to business opportunities like never before.
- Kenesto drives effective cross-company communication. In contrast to basic file sharing and collaboration environments, Kenesto’s social business and collaboration processes allow you to define a specific deliverable or desired outcome. Everyone — planning, procurement, engineering, project management, design, finance, marketing, legal — instantly knows the overall status of your bid packages. With Kenesto, everyone knows precisely what their contribution to the bid package is, when it is due and who should have access to the information.
- A flexible forms designer. To respond to a bid, internal and customer forms are almost always required. With the Kenesto forms designer, forms can be easily and graphically created for use in the bid package. Existing electronic forms that are required in the bid package can be easily imported into Kenesto. Multiple versions of the forms, each defining a specific set of information or requirement in the bid process become a permanent record of the bid package’s commitments, pricing and deliverables.
- Bid package templates. To grow your business, you must respond to an ever-increasing number of bids. Templates in Kenesto make it easy to standardize bid package preparation. With Kenesto, bid package templates can be modifiable, which permits flexibility in the cross-enterprise process; or non-modifable, which ensures that high-risk bid packages are prepared in compliance with company standards.
Bid package processes with Kenesto allow enterprises of all sizes to respond to business opportunities more rapidly and more accurately. With Kenesto, bid package process automation will help your company generate more customer revenue and greater customer satisfaction.
And Many More…
The number and type of social, decision-support or collaborative processes that can be enabled by Kenesto are virtually endless. Here are just a few more examples:
Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA). CAPA processes are especially useful for companies that market products into regulated or performance-oriented industries, such as medical device manufacturers, for example. Using Kenesto, CAPA processes gain all the flexibility of the system’s cloud-based design, involving all the right users, at the right time, with the right information. Information, such as drawings and documents, as well as the actual decisions that are made, are documented throughout the process execution for compliance and regulatory purposes.
- Engineering Change Requests/Engineering Change Orders. In many ways, these processes are the lifeblood of manufacturing and construction companies because they directly impact time-to-market/time-to-completion and profit. Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems, and to a lesser extent, business process management systems (BPMS), have been deployed to manage the large volume of ECOs and ECRs. Kenesto delivers unprecedented flexibility to users who are managing these processes. Unlike traditionally deployed PLM and BPM, users can change the course of an ECO or ECR while the process is executing and across the entire partner network.
- Feature Requests. As products are developed or revised, companies must decide what to include in their product or project. The process of describing, communicating, pricing, test marketing or deciding on features often has enormous impact on the overall profitability of the product or project. With Kenesto, all of the partners and departments involved in managing such requests can have access to the same, easy-to-use and understand information to make managing feature requests simpler, shorter and more-effective.