Kenesto Drive: Virtual Local Drive
Kenesto Drive is used with Kenesto Cloud and pairs files from desktop to Cloud. Kenesto Drive is installed on an individual’s computer and offers companies the perfect alternative to a shared network drive. Kenesto users can download the Kenesto Drive directly from Kenesto Cloud. Users interact with files in the same way they do today, like they would from their shared server or their local drive.
Benefits of using Kenesto Drive:
- Sharing cloud files with teams based on varying permission settings
- Real-time file access to master folders and files
- Automatic versioning when saving files in any application
- Viewing 3D & 2D files and sharing with external users included
- Work offline
- PDM like features
- Lock files for exclusive editing (which allows others: read only file access, sharing, viewing and download while the file is locked)
- Vaulting: set folders to vault for check out and check in for modifying files
- Available for Windows Indexing
- Security features include; encryption, inactivation of users on the fly
Kenesto supports document sharing while maintaining permissions granted preventing accidental overwriting/removal of files.
Kenesto supports maintaining a list of “versions” created by individuals updating files. This works for all supported applications. Once the file is saved, users can see the version list. In a Vault we additionally support “hiding” versions that are not checked in. Note: this feature is turned on through the ADMIN panel.
3D and 2D Formats Supported by Kenesto Viewer
3D Supported Viewer File Formats
|ACIS||Up to 2018.1 (R28)||SAT, SAB|
|Autocad||Up to AutoCAD 2019
Please note that 3D DWG support is currently in Beta.
|Autodesk Inventor||Up to 2019||IPT, IAM|
|CATIA V4||Up to 4.2.5||MODEL, SESSION, DLV, EXP|
|CATIA V5||Up to V5-6 R2018 (R28)||CATDrawing, CATPart, CATProduct, CATShape, CGR|
|CATIA V5 [3DXML]||Up to V5-6 R2018 (R28)||3DXML|
|CATIA V6 [3DXML]||Up to 2013x||3DXML|
|Creo – Pro/E||Pro/Engineer 19.0 to Creo 5.0||ASM, NEU, PRT, XAS, XPR|
|FBX||ASCII: from 7100 to 7400. Binary: all.||FBX|
|GLTF||Version 2.0 only||GLTF, GLB|
|I-deas||Up to 13.x (NX 5), NX I-deas 6||MF1, ARC, UNV, PKG|
|IFC||IFC2x Editions 2, 3 and 4||IFC, IFCZIP|
|IGES||5.1, 5.2, 5.3||IGS, IGES|
|JT||Up to v10.2||JT|
|Parasolid||Up to v31||X_B, X_T, XMT, XMT_TXT|
|Revit*||2015 to 2019||RVT, RFA|
|Rhino3D||4, 5, 6||3DM|
|Solid Edge||V19 – 20, ST – ST10, 2019||ASM, PAR, PWD, PSM|
|SolidWorks*||From 97 up to 2019||SLDASM, SLDPRT|
|STEP||AP 203 E1/E2, AP 214, AP 242||STP, STEP, STP.Z|
|Unigraphics-NX||V11.0 to NX 12.0||PRT|
|VDA-FS||Version 1.0 and 2.0||VDA|
* Revit format is still in pre-release support
2D Supported Viewer File Formats
Mobile Operating Systems
Native browser or Chrome for Android.
Need help or have questions for us? Fill out the contact us form and we will get right back to you.